From:
Taylor Roberts <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Oct 1995 22:10:55 EDT
Please excuse the following administrative messages (but read on if you
want to know how to sign off the list):

Mark Twain Forum on the Web
---------------------------
There is now an MT Forum home page at the following URL:

     http://web.mit.edu/troberts/www/twain/twain.html

Not much is there, beyond the Survival Guide, a link to the LISTSERV
Forum Gateway, and another link to Jim Zwick's excellent site, "Mark
Twain Resources on the World Wide Web."

I have the inclination to create a full-blown Web version of the Forum,
but unfortunately I don't have the time.  Still, I've followed a good
suggestion of Kevin J. Bochynski <[log in to unmask]> to use to
graphics capabilities of the Web to offer a photo gallery of Forum
subscribers.  The gallery is available off the URL above, and is small
right now, but Kevin and I encourage Forum members to take the plunge,
smile, and make their photos available.

Please feel free to send me your comments and suggestions.  And watch
for photos of some Twain sites in the next couple of weeks.

Missing log files have been restored
------------------------------------
Some members may not have noticed this disaster, but a few months ago
there was a disk crash at York University (which hosts TWAIN-L), and the
log files from March 1995 to July 1995 were lost.  Incredibly, York had
not made backups during that period.  Fortunately, though, I make
frequent backups myself, and--after prolonged negotiations with the York
bureaucracy--I'm pleased to report that the missing files have been
restored to LISTSERV.

If you've been searching the Forum's database recently (e.g., from July
1995 until last week), you may want to re-run your searches to see if
you'll turn up more hits from that five-month period, now that those
months have been restored to the database.