From:
"Carl J. Chimi" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Jan 2016 21:42:02 +0000
Well, the prisoners of Civil War camps such as Andersonville and Libby Prison had been photographed more than 20 years before the Connecticut Yankee was written, and the photos were well known (and horrendously chilling to see). Perhaps they were in his thoughts as he wrote.
Carl

Sent from Outlook Mobile

On Tue, Jan 26, 2016 at 1:18 PM -0800, "Fred Harwood" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Query:

As The Boss brings Le Fay=92s prisoners up out of her dungeon:  =
=93Skeletons, scarecrows, goblins, pathetic frights, every one; =
legitimatest possible children of Monarchy by the Grace of God and the =
Established Church. I muttered absently: =91I _wish_ I could photograph =
them!=92=94

Might Eisenhower have read ACY? He did have photographed as proofs the =
emaciated prisoners of Hitlers camps.

Has the similarity escaped notice?

Fred Harwood