From:
Steve Hoffman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 14 Jan 2016 23:25:09 -0500
I probably should've held my tongue on this as
frankly, having not paid much attention to these
coins one way or the other, I didn't realize so
many Twain non-profits were involved in the
project and benefit from the sale of the coins.  I
guess at heart I'm just not a "commemorative coin"
kinda guy. I generally don't find them attractive,
and typically ignore all those ads one sees for
them in magazines and whatnot.  In this case, I
hope thousands of folks buy 'em if it benefits the
museums and such; I myself will happily contribute
directly to the institutions if solicited although
I don't plan to buy any coins.

And yes of course "In God We Trust" is mandated by
law on U.S. currency (though I don't think the law
forbids adding "All Others Pay Cash"!!!)

-Steve Hoffman