From:
Scott Holmes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Sep 2016 09:18:22 -0700
The land sales the poster refers to had long been accomplished by the
time Twain rode the Great Northern Railroad.  Twain is not the object
of my web site project but he does provide a common thread that ties it
together.  You probably won't learn anything new about Twain by reading
my site but you may learn some interesting facts about the people and
places along the route.  That poster represents what may be the single
largest swindle of the North American native.  One of the few comments
I've heard from Twain on this journey, about Native Americans, is that
he was annoyed by squaws begging in Spokane.  What makes this
incredibly ironic is Twain's writings about the Australian aboriginal
just a bit further along on his journey around the world.