From:
Larry O'Connor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Mar 2005 18:03:18 -0500
Hello Stacey

You may wish to check with the City of Hamilton, in Ontario.  It seems
to me that there was a study done by Gina Browne at McMaster and
our Dean of Health Sciences at the University of Ontario Institute of
Technology, Carolyn Byrne.  I think their findings
were published in the summer of 1998.

They did a project that introduced Recreation programs for families on
Social Assistance and had very good results.
I  don't have much of the details, but will copy some people that may
have access to the details.  I don't think it was
based on tax breaks but more of creating opportunities for low income
families to gain access to recreation programs.

I will copy some local folks that may be able to dig up a better
response to your questions.  I hope this helps.

Good Luck

Larry O'Connor