From:
ALKA chopra <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Apr 2007 12:22:57 -0700
Hi Edwin,
  Something that I like to do is type in the main topic and make a list of terms that come up in the search.And use those termsin further search. So you could type Social Determinants of Health and see what terms come up.
  I have found this strategy very useful.

Edwin Lee <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Hello everyone:

I was wondering if you could provide me with some search terms that you
may have used in the past to search for "Social Determinants of Health."
The databases I am using are Medline, EMBASE, CINAHL, and maybe
PsycINFO. I am looking for public health/health promotion/population
health interventions targeting the social determinants of health.

Here is my list of terms, please add to or edit them:

Education AND health; Literacy AND health

Gender AND health; Gender inequity; Gender equality; Gender inequality

Inequity/Inequality

Social Justice; social inclusion; social exclusion; social
cohesion/connectedness

Social safety net; social capital

Health inequ*; health disparities

Income inequ*

Employment/occupation AND health

Workplace/occupational health

Food security; food insecurity

Housing AND health; homelessness

Disadvantaged/vulnerable populations

Indigenous health

New Canadian; ethnicity; immigrant/refugee status

Any feedback would be appreciated. Thank you and enjoy the long
weekend.

Regards,

Edwin

Edwin Lee