Sender:
From:
Rebecca Byers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Oct 2008 15:12:48 -0400
Greetings,

There is still time to register for the Heart Health Resource Centre's
fall workshop on November 12th! The registration deadline has been
extended to Monday, November 3rd. See below for full details.

________________________________

Heart Health Resource Centre's Fall 2008 Workshop

"Making Evidence Work FOR You: Tools to strengthen health promotion
programs"

Date:              Wednesday, November 12, 2008, 8:30am to 4:30pm

Location:      Holiday Inn on King, Toronto

DO YOU EVER ASK YOURSELF...

*	What practical tools can I use to assess and enhance my health
promotion programs?
*	Where do I find credible and relevant sources of evidence?
*	What can I do to make evidence-informed decisions?
*	How will I meet requirements of the new Ontario Public Health
Standards?

This interactive workshop will address these questions and build your
capacity to search and apply evidence, strengthen health promotion
programs and make sound program decisions. The session will be conducted
by Dayna Albert of the Toward Evidence-Informed Practice (TEIP) project
and feature additional speakers:

*	Kerry Robinson, Senior Policy Analyst, Evidence And Risk
Assessment Division, Centre for Chronic Disease Prevention, Public
Health Agency of Canada
*	Paulina Salamo, Manager, Public Health Standards Branch,
Ministry of Health and Long-term Care

WHO SHOULD ATTEND?

*	Health promoters (front-line staff or managers) in public
health, NGOs, CHCs, community groups and government.
*	Anyone else looking to improve their ability to search and use
evidence that will enhance health promoting programs and support
decision-making.

REGISTRATION

*	Cost-recovery registration fee of $125.00 includes all meals and
workshop materials.
*	Agenda and registration details are found at
www.hhrc.net/workshops/workshops.cfm.
*	Registration deadline has been extended to Monday, November 3,
2008
*	Register online at
http://www.hhrc.net/services/online_registration.cfm or via fax to (416)
367-2844.

HOTEL BOOKINGS

*	Contact the Holiday Inn on King at 416-599-4000 or
1-800-263-6364, quoting Group Code FC77X.

Rebecca Byers

Program Coordinator, Training & Development

Heart Health Resource Centre

c/o Ontario Public Health Association

700 Lawrence Ave. West, Suite 310

Toronto, ON   M6A 3B4

Direct line: 519-391-0072

1-800-267-6817 ext. 244

www.hhrc.net <http://www.hhrc.net/>

This email is intended solely for the person or entity to which it is
addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged information.
Any review, dissemination, copying, printing or other use of this e-mail
by persons or entities other than the addressee is prohibited. If you
have received this email in error, please contact the sender immediately
and delete the material from any computer.

* Think about our Environment. Print only if necessary.