Sender:
Mark Twain Forum <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Feb 2021 11:51:06 -0500
From:
Martin Baker <[log in to unmask]>
I had the great fortune of seeing Hal in Mark Twain Tonight 3 times and
once met him backstage. I did see the subtle changes he made to his act
depending on the reaction to certain jokes.  He even signed the poster for
the show that just happened to be on a table. I had tickets for his 90th
birthday show in Hartford but unfortunately there was a snowstorm and I
couldn't make it up from Pennsylvania.

I remember reading that he did have a chance to meet Clara in her older
years to try to get a sense of how accurate his impression was.  Thanks Hal
for keeping Twain's legacy alive.

Marty Baker
Mark Twain Circle