Sender:
Mark Twain Forum <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 May 2009 10:40:44 -0400
7bit
From:
Steve Hoffman <[log in to unmask]>
Glad I'm not the only Twainiac who feels that way about Joan of Arc.
Although I am on a  life-long mission to read every published piece by
Mark Twain, whose writings have enriched my life beyond measure, and
although I have regularly found great pleasure in nearly all his works,
major or minor, long or short, dark or light, masterpiece or flawed, and
so on .... Joan of ARc is the one work of his I simply could not force
myself to continue, after just a few chapters.  At that point, I was in
the mind of Dorothy Parker when she said (in regard to some other work):
"This is not a book to be put down lightly but to be hurled with some
force . . . ."

Steve Hoffman
Takoma Park MD