Sender:
From:
Barbara Schmidt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Dec 2016 08:14:46 -0600
As to the identity of the apparent butler in the Edison footage -- he has
never been positively identified to my knowledge. Possibilities include
Horace Hazen, a local young man who worked for Clemens for a short time,
and Claude Beuchotte who I profiled in this online article:

http://www.twainquotes.com/beuchotte.html

Establishing the man's identity is hampered by the lack of known
photographs of both Hazen who died in 1930 in Fairfield, CT and Beuchotte
whose date and place of death have not been established.

Barb