From:
Carmela Valente <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Aug 2008 06:54:44 -0400
Dear Group:
Firstly I am delighted that my questions about the type setter have elicited
so many helpful responses, and I sincerely thank you for them.  I have two
problems with Sam's behavior concerning investing so much money in the Paige
type setter.  It is by no means up to me to judge Clemens or anyone else for
that matter, but having said that, Judging is exactly what I am going to do.
Firstly, investing money, especially that amount of money, in a machine with
3000 moving parts would seem a bit reckless at best.
Secondly, if Sam had been a single man, I might have understood his taking
such a risk, but he wasn't single.  Not only did the failure of the machine
and the unwise gamble on Sam's part harm him, but more importantly, it
reeked financial and emotional havoc on his entire family.  While I am by no
means suggesting that God punished him for his conduct, if memory serves me
correctly, Sam was on tour to compensate his financial loss when he learned
of Susie's illness and impending death.  If it weren't for that damned
machine, he would have been there for Susie which I am certain must have
caused him to feel guilty, and well he might.
The judgmental brat,
Camy