From:
Tracy Wuster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Nov 2015 13:57:00 -0600
Hi all,

To piggyback on Kevin's last point--about Mark Twain being a performance--I
would point to my birthday post for Sam Clemens today on Humor in America:

Happy Birthday, Samuel Langhorne Clemens. Not you, Mark Twain.
https://humorinamerica.wordpress.com/2015/11/30/happy-birthday-samuel-langhorne-clemens-not-you-mark-twain/

The distinction between Mark Twain and Clemens is central to my forthcoming
book--cover image at the link above.  My promotion of Mark Twain's
"birthday" as being February 3rd is in no way related to that being my
birthday as well, I promise.

Best,

Tracy Wuster