Sender:
From:
Melodie Corrigall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Nov 2000 16:58:47 -0800
Moving Emotional Responses to Written Responses
Whenever I pick-up the newspaper, I read something that upsets me. Be it the
perpetuation of mainstream values or the lack of comprehensive discussions
on social issues, the media needs to be challenged.  Well, First Call has
challenged me, and others to start responding to media coverage (or lack
there of) on issues that relate to children and youth.  If you have an
interest in responding on a regular basis to the media, or already do and
would like to be part of a group, First Call is setting up a Response Team.
The team will alert each other on relevant articles and media coverage, to
access resources and workshops with ideas on what to write, and to support
each other write the letters and mail them. For more information contact
Helen at 255-7405 or  [log in to unmask] or First Call at 875-3629 or
www.firstcallbc.org.