From:
Diana Daghofer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Feb 2016 06:33:54 -0800
Hello,

We are looking for stories from health protection or environmental health
staff (e.g., public health inspectors and environmental health officers) who
have taken action on health equity or the social determinants of health
through their work. We plan to feature such stories in a BCCDC project
called Through an Equity Lens: A New Look at Environmental Health, which
builds on collaborative work between the National Collaborating Centres for
Environmental Health (NCCEH) and Determinants of Health (NCCDH).

If you are, or know of a public health inspector or environmental health
officer who has taken steps to address social determinants with an
individual, collaborated with others to respond to a complex situation, or
tried to make your organization more responsive to vulnerable individuals or
communities, we would like to hear from you!

We need your stories from across Canada to help us learn:

    What does equity in environmental health practice look like?

    What facilitates an equity-integrated environmental health practice?
What skills and competencies are important?

    What are the challenges to integrating equity into practice?

    How can we support collaboration for equity in public health practice?

These stories can be short anecdotes or longer descriptions of ongoing work.
Please take a few minutes to share your stories with us by phone or email,
by February 26, 2016.

Please contact Karen Rideout, Environmental Health Policy Analyst, BCCDC &
NCCEH at 604.829.2544 or [log in to unmask]
<mailto:[log in to unmask]>   for more information. We will be in touch
to get further details from you after February 26.

Thanks so much for considering our request!

Diana

Diana Daghofer

Wellspring Strategies

Rossland, BC