From:
Heather Weaver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Sep 2001 15:50:36 +1000
I completely agree with you. At the rate we are going
it is going to take decades. There is too much money
in the industry and too many people (politicians and
people who's livelihood depends on it, and even
addicts themselves) who have vested interests in
keeping them around. Consider as well prohibition and
how well that worked. I can't help but feel that
someday our grandkids or their kids are going to be
thinking how stupid the people of this era were and
wondering as well why a problem so obvious took so
long to be resolved.
Heather W.

Smoking bans in dining areas of pubs & clubs.