From:
Michel O'Neill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Jan 2002 12:07:57 -0500
*** FYI. Sorry for cross-postings. Michel O'Neill. ***

>Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 11:32:30 +0100
>From: Evelyne de Leeuw <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Vacancy
>

>Dear friends, colleagues,
>The University of Southern Denmark has just announced a vacancy for a senior
>academic ('lektor') in the field of lifestyles and health. Although you may
>not want to apply for the position yourself, I would appreciate it if you
>could circulate the vacancy notice (attached) within your organisations
>and/or e-networks.
>
>Thank you very much for your help in recruiting this much-needed scholar,
>
>Yours sincerely,
>
>Prof.dr. Evelyne de Leeuw
>Professor of Public Health
>Unit for Health Promotion Research
>Institute of Public Health
>Syddansk Universitet
>Niels Bohrsvej 9
>DK-6700 Esbjerg
>Denmark

  Associate professorship in Lifestyles and Health
Institute of Public Health

The University of Southern Denmark (SDU) is seeking to employ a
senior academic in the area of 'lifestyles and health'. The current
Danish public health policy identifies major deficiencies in this
domain. Most notably, research and teaching are needed in the areas
of determinants of health behaviour, intervention development,
implementation issues, and evaluation of health promotion. The
associate professor will be based in the newly established Department
of Health Promotion Research in the Esbjerg Campus of SDU.

Your profile
You are a social or organisational psychologist with a track record
in health education and/or health psychology. You have demonstrable
teaching proficiency, and would like to continue teaching in an
environment that has established its roots in problem-based learning.
You have published in international peer-reviewed journals, and have
a PhD, preferably on health intervention development and evaluation.
Your work shows an interest in a planned approach to health behaviour
change (e.g. the PRECE-DE-PROCEED model) and an eclectic use of
relevant theories (e.g. Health Belief Model, Theory of Planned
Behaviour, ELM, HSM, Diffusion of Innovations, etc.). You have an
interest in community organisation work and empowerment issues, and
the ability to work in multi-disciplinary teams.

Our profile
The Department of Health Promotion Research is the core unit
responsible for the organisation and teaching of Bachelor's and
Master's of Public Health programmes within the Faculty of Health
Sciences of the University of Southern Denmark. These programmes
started in September, 2001 with 40 students. Future student intake
will remain between 40 and 50.
The Department is part of the Institute of Public Health of  SDU.

Appointment
Appointment to the position will be in accordance with the agreement
between the Ministry of Finance and AC (the Danish Confederation of
Professional Associations) on academics in the state.

This is not the full description of the vacant position, but an
extract upon which an application cannot be based. Please find the
full description of the vacant position on homepage www.jobs.sdu.dk
or call the Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Southern
Denmark, at tel. +45-6550-2932 for further information

The application should be designated "Position no. 021003" and sent
as 5 copies to The Faculty of Health Sciences, Winsløwparken 17, 1st
floor, DK-5000 Odense C. Deadline for applications: March 7, 2002 at
12 noon. Material received after this time will not be taken into
account

--

Michel O'Neill, Ph.D.

Attention ! J'ai déménagé en date du 28 janvier 2002; mes courriel et
no. de téléphone restent les mêmes mais mon no. de télécopieur et de
bureau ont changé.

Please note that I have moved since January 28. My telepone and
e-mail numbers are the same but my fax number and office location are
different.

Por favor, nota que he cambiado de officina en el 28 de enero; mis
telefono y correo elelectronico son iguales pero mi fax y
localizacion de officina son nuevos.