From:
Joe Levy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Feb 2002 16:49:22 +0100
What Professor Raphael is trying to remind is that unless we make structural changes to the core of our materialistic society all our lifestyle efforts will be in vain. People
cannot be expected to listen to educational programs on how to cook spinach if they're worried about being laid off work and not having enough money for their next mortgage
payment. We cannot continue to put all our health promotion resources into  fixing people if the system continues to destroy people's inner psyche! In the meantime while we're
trying to fix the dysfunctional system we need to explore ways of keeping being healthy DESPITE THE DYSFUNCTIONAL NATURE OF THE SYSTEM. Free swimming lessons, subsidize the
basic food groups, free YMCA memberships for families, etc....
Joe

--
ÐÏ à¡± á