From:
Kerry Robinson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 May 2002 10:17:20 -0700
Marianna,

I know of two different initiatives using culturally sensitive approaches to develop and deliver programming with and to aboriginal communities.  They should be able to share with you their evaluation plans, processes and perhaps some findings at this point.  One initiative was using a population health approach to primary prevention of Type 2 diabetes in Saskatchewan (seven demonstration projects)- contact person is Marta England, [log in to unmask]  The second is a heart health promotion
program for American Indian and Alaska Native communities funded by NHLBI in the US.   Frank Grayshield is the contact for this program, his email is [log in to unmask]

Hope this is helpful,
Kerry
--
Kerry Robinson
Canadian Heart Health Dissemination Project