From:
"Ripley, Lu" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Nov 2002 10:32:30 -0800
Hello,

I'm conducting an evalaution of an sexual health education program for
teens, and I'm curious if anyone has had a similar recent experience and/or
information that might be useful as I put together the proposal.  The main
objective of the program is to popularize condoms (and we do this by
touching on some of the root causes of lack of condom use).

IN a nutshell, the program targets teens, with an emphasis on boys, aged
12-15.  We do this through:
        - school program where older youth (18-22) go into school (grades
7-10) and provide interactive presentatons on a range of        issues (ie
peer pressure, relationships, stereotypes) and of course, condom use.
        - interactive website
        - social marketing (ie cartoon condom packages, etc).

We want to assess our impact, and look at specific outcomes.  At the same
time, I also realize that measuring outcomes of sexual health education can
be complicated, primarily due to the private nature of the topic.

I appreicate any ideas, or networking with others who are managing a similar
type of program.

Cheers,

Lu Ripley
Health Promotions Officer