From:
Peter Whitecross <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Nov 2003 09:22:44 +1100

Hi Georgia,
We developed the attached workbook and manual for accreditation
purposes. As you see it is a hybrid taken from a number of sources which
is the reason that the manual and the workbook don't exactly mirror each
other.
We are in the middle of pilotting the new format so I would be happy to
answer any questions.

Hope this helps

Pete

Pete Whitecross
Director Health Promotion
Northern Sydney Health
The Lodge
Macquarie Hospital
Locked mail bag 2220
North Ryde
NSW 1670
tel. 8877 5323
fax 8877 5310
email [log in to unmask]
www.nsh.nsw.gov.au/healthpromotion.htm

>>> [log in to unmask] 07-Nov-03 7:48:04 AM

Hello fellow health promoters,
The Sask Heart Health Dissemination project developed a good
understanding
of population health promotion capacity building at the individual
practitioner, organizational and environmental levels.  We developed
some
checklists to allow health promotion practitioners, managers,
decision-makers, and advocates to assess health promotion capacity.
The
checklists have potential usefulness in creating job descriptions,
guiding
work planning and in organizational strategic planning.
We want to turn these checklists into user-friendly workbooks that
include
self-assessment tools and guides.  Does anyone out there have a model
workbook that they find useful, accessible, and challenging?  It does
not
have to be about this particular content area (pop health capacity
building), just a well-formatted, readable product that we could get
some
ideas from.
Thanks in advance
Georgia Bell Woodard
Project Officer, SHHP and Professional Research Associate, SPHERU,
Saskatoon
end

To unsubscribe send one line: unsubscribe click4hp to:
[log in to unmask] . To view archives or modify subscription see:
http://listserv.yorku.ca/archives/click4hp.html

BEGIN:VCARD VERSION:2.1 X-GWTYPE:USER FN:Whitecross, Peter TEL;WORK:8877 5323 ORG:;Div Pop. Health & Planning TEL;PREF;FAX:8877-5339 EMAIL;WORK;PREF;NGW:[log in to unmask] N:Whitecross;Peter TITLE:Manager, Health Promotion END:VCARD
This message is intended for the addressee named and may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete it and notify the sender. Views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, and are not necessarily the views of NSW Health.