From:
Patricia Paton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Mar 2006 12:16:58 -0700
I have been following the discussion of the Rifkin (and other) materials
with great interest; though to my great disappointment I could not
immediately find an electronic version of the 1988 Rifkin article,
though not all avenues exhausted.  I concur with Alison's recent thanks;
we forget good old tools in the search the the next new thing.  It
sounds from previous users as though this might be something useful to
my work.

I am most appreciative to Alison for having included the direct link to
a specific resource - I'd like to suggest that such a link is much more
helpful than one that takes me to a web site where I have to hunt over,
around and through to see if I can track down the specific document (it
might be great but our time as we know is limited!)

I have run across two other resources and wonder if anyone has seen or
used them to judge value:

Hugh Annett and Susan B. Rifkin (1995) Guidelines for rapid
participatory appraisals to assess community health needs : a focus on
health improvements for low-income urban and rural areas.  World Health
Organization
Susan B. Rifkin and Pat Pridmore (2001) Partners in planning :
information, participation and empowerment.  Macmillan
Trish Paton
Community Development Coordinator
Palliser Health Region
2948 Dunmore Road SE