From:
ZS Worotynec <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Apr 2008 07:47:19 -0400
Hi. I'm with the Early Childhood Working Group of the Canadian Coalition
for Immigrant Children and Youth (CCICY). I can direct you to several
online sources for information and I can post your inquiry to our blog -
http://immigrantchildren.ca. Let me know!

Here's some sites for your consideration:

CCICY site:
http://www.lerc.educ.ubc.ca/CCICY/index.html

Also see the Metropolis sites (each site has a section where research
papers can be found):

CERIS (Ontario site) http://ceris.metropolis.net
One of the folks involved in the CERIS Metropolis project is Cecila Rocha,
from Ryerson University's Nutrition/Food Security program.

QMC-IM (Quebec site) http://im.metropolis.net

Prairie Metropolis http://pcerii.metropolis.net
They host the Journal of International Migration and Integration (JIMI). A
good source to search

Metropolis British Columbia
http://riim.metropolis.net

Metropolis Atlantic Canada
http://www.atlantic.metropolis.net
Just hosted the 10th annual Metropolis conference. Proceedings not yet
posted, but the conference program might be worth having a look at to see
if anyone presented on nutrition issues.

Metropolis Canada
http://canada.metropolis.net

Metropolis International
http://international.metropolis.net

NB: all of the Metropolis sites are pretty badly organized, difficult to
navigate and they all follow the same template. Patience is key.

Also see:

settlement.org at work
http://atwork.settlement.org/atwork/home.asp

Integration-Net
http://integration-net.ca

Judith Colbert is a consultant who does a lot of work with LINC/CMAS and
etc and has presented recently on best practices for integrating
newcomer children into mainstream school-based settings. See my blog for
her presentation at last years "On New Shores: Understanding Immigrant
Children" conference in Guelph, which contains her contact info. Or see
the On New Shores info for this year's conference at:
http://www.family.uoguelph.ca/page.cfm?id=456

Nutrition for Learning is an org based in Waterloo that you might consider
looking at:
http://www.nutritionforlearning.ca

Breakfast for Learning is also worth looking at:
http://www.breakfastforlearning.ca

Finally, you might consider directly contacting major school boards in the
Montreal, Toronto, Vancouver, Hamilton, Waterloo areas (where most
immigrants land in Canada).

Good luck,

ZS

ZS Worotynec