From:
"Sankaran, Subha" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Aug 2007 11:24:46 -0400
I would suggest contacting the Ontario Women's Health Network (OWHN) in Toronto, as well as the Asset Mapping Research Project (AMRP) of the Toronto Christian Resource Centre. In 2005-06 OWHN led an inclusion research project called "Count Us In" in partnership with AMRP, Toronto Public Health and Ontario Prevention Clearinghouse (OPC), which looked at inclusion and homeless women in downtown east Toronto.

From the Executive Summary:
The purpose of this project, called Count Us In!, was to investigate how health

and social services in Toronto, and in the province of Ontario, can be made

more inclusive, and in turn, promote the health and well-being of

marginalized groups. Homeless and underhoused women who live in

Downtown East Toronto led the research and were actively engaged in all

stages of the project, from collecting and analysing the data to developing the

final recommendations.

Check out www.owhn.on.ca for the report and related documents. The people to contact would be Tekla Hendrickson of OWHN at [log in to unmask] and Adonica Huggins of AMRP at [log in to unmask] .
Subha Sankaran
Health Promotion Consultant, Prevent Stroke
Ontario Prevention Clearinghouse
Ph: 416-408-6915    Fax: 416-408-2122
[log in to unmask]    www.opc.on.ca <file://www.opc.on.ca>

Community Resources- Searchable Database Webinar
"To prevent stroke effectively...we will need to draw upon the assets, resources, and capacity within each community."
September 26th from 9 to 10 am  -  11 to 12 noon (en Français)
Sign up /  Pour s'inscrire now to learn how to connect with your community to prevent Stroke and receive a mystery envelope to celebrate this event.  Mark the date on your calendar right away!