Sender:
From:
"H.Ibrahim Durak" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Aug 1999 13:22:59 +0300
Dear list members..
As a Public Health workers I do not know how you informed about eartquake
in Turkey..
In this first mail..I would like to inform you you may ask all kind of
questions or sugestions to me..
I will send informative and help request mail to you especilally in our
area..
As you know to regulate this catastroph will take time like 2-3 years and
turkey will need helps especially protocols, your experience, suggestions
included all kind financial help of you..

here you'll find some information on affected zone..
We are expect 25-30.000 death..more than 100.000 injured..
Number  Estimated phsically affected person is more than 15 milion..
All nation affected physicolagically..Waiting new eartquakes..Cannot stay
at home..
30-35% of Turkish economy lost..Means GNP decreased in 1 minutes 30-35%..
1999 GNP per person was arround 2.000 USD per year. Also very bad
distributed..
Middle and long term..we need collaboration in project based and not only
governmental level..
so..some bad news from this side of the world..

We all sad and going to burn-out syndrom every minute..
sincerely

H.İbrahim Durak MD
Ege University
Faculty Of Medicine (Tıp Fak.)
Medical Education Unit (Tıp Eğitimi Birimi)
Fakülte Kütüphanesi
35100 Bornova-İzmir /TURKEY
Phone:+90 232 343 43 43 / 4636
http://www.med.ege.edu.tr/