Sender:
From:
Sara MacDougall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Sep 2015 12:53:12 -0400
The Circle of Health© helps you to locate your work in a larger context
and to increase the impact of partnerships through the essential
communication needed for success.  Attractive and theoretically sound,
this tool is appealing!  But how do you use it?  And where can you learn
more?

This free online workshop will provide you with an introduction to the
Circle of Health, share the experiences of users in making their health
promotion work easier and more effective, and highlight upcoming
workshops and resources.

The Circle of Health is a practical application of the Ottawa Charter
that integrates values, determinants of health and the wisdom of
indigenous cultures, and users are enthusiastic in describing how it
supports their work in health promotion education, research and
practice.

“[The Circle of Health] really helps me have something concrete or
visual to (…) bring to different sectors or disciplines, and have
something that may speak to them more about how we all play a role.”
 "Working with the Circle of Health in planning [our program] helped us
see the process of health and well-being from a broader perspective.
[It] connects the different parts of health together and looks at it
from a holistic perspective.”
"The Circle of Health …drives the complex concepts of health promotion
home and is of huge value for moving people to taking a different and
more effective approach to improving health."
“I really like the idea of starting out with values because generally
that is the beginning of a shared ground and I think that it sometimes
gets missed.

To Register visit www.thequaich.pe.ca/workshops.asp

Continuing Education

Expand your learning by attending a series of 5 online workshops in
November 2015 to learn with others about how to apply the Circle of
Health in your work. A 2-day Facilitator Training session will also be
held in Prince Edward Island from October 1-2, 2015. Visit
www.thequaich.pe.ca/workshops.asp for prices, dates and registration
details.
Workshops are hosted by The Quaich Inc., the Canadian distributors of
the Circle of Health.