From:
Joanne King <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Jun 1998 10:45:27 -0400
Hi Sherrie - I thought you might be interested to know that the Ottawa
Citizen published  a full page (back and front) of their June 12th edition
(Family Section).  They estimate approx. 9,000 is costs for the first year
of life, including food; clothing, health care, child care and shelter,
furnishings and household operation; with the total to age 19 of approx.
$158,826.

Re: Action based Participatory Research - there was a good resource put
together some years ago (we used it in the Women's Shelter movement) from
the Women's Research Centre (Vancouver) I think the contact was Jan
Barnsley. I no longer have access to a copy - perhaps your local women's
shelter would or you could try the OAITH office (Ontario Assoication of
Interval and Transition Houses) in Toronto 426-977-6619 and speak to the
Coordinator Eileen Morrow.

Joanne King,  Executive Director
Community Resource Centre
Box 59 Killaloe, ON  K0J 2A0       (613) 757-3108      (613) 757-0208 (fax)

[log in to unmask]      http://www.mv.igs.net/~crc/