From:
Erica Macintyre <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Jul 2003 09:16:49 -0400
To Click4HP,
The book by Judith Innes , Knowledge and Public Policy:  The search for
meaningful indicators" might be of interest (nature of evidence) as may
her work on the theory of communicative planning (community
participation).  The book was originally published in 1990 but I think
there might be a newer edition.  An excerpt from her bio is below.
Erica MacIntyre
Health Planner

UC Berkeley/Sacramento Program
Biography of Professor Judith Innes

 Judith Innes is Professor of City and Regional Planning and Director of
the Institute of Urban and Regional Development (IURD) at the University
of California Berkeley. Her research over the past 25 years has dealt
with planning and policy making processes in a variety of arenas
including water policy, land use and growth management, habitat
conservation, economic policy, and transportation planning. Her focus in
recent years has been on consensus building and collaborative policy
making. She has studied the use of information and indicators in public
policy. She and Professor Judith Gruber have co-authored two monographs,
Coordinating Growth and Environmental Management through Consensus
Building (University of California Policy

Innes holds the Ph.D in urban studies and planning from Massachusetts
Institute of Technology, and the B.A. from Harvard/Radcliffe College.
She has been on the UC Berkeley faculty since 1976.