From:
Elsie Petch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Apr 2006 08:31:32 -0400
-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	Reminder - Canadian Consumer Health Websites - Please Send
Your "Gems" By April 28
Date: 	Mon, 24 Apr 2006 08:37:41 -0400
From: 	Jean Williams <[log in to unmask]>
To: 	<[log in to unmask]>

Dear Colleagues:
 A note with this reminder: we have received many recommendations for
Canadian Health Network, Womens' Health Matters and Tom Flemming's site
(McMaster). What other Canadian sites have you and or your patrons found
useful? You will have an opportunity on the brief survey to be
acknowledged in the results.
Please forward to others. The results will be on the CHIPIG website (see
below)  before the end of  May.  Thanks to those who have already
contributed !
 Dear Colleagues:

Following the "Pearls of Wisdom" theme of the upcoming conference of the
Canadian Health Libraries Association / Association des bibliothèques de
la santé du Canada (CHLA/ABSC), we are asking for your website "gems."

The Consumer Health Information Providers Interest Group (CHIPIG), an
affiliate member of CHLA/ABSC, is conducting a short survey.

We want to know what are your favourite, most useful Canadian consumer
health sites - you can submit up to 10 suggestions. We will use this
information to compile a list of the Top Ten Canadian Consumer Health
Websites that will be presented at a Roundtable at the CHLA/ABSC
Conference in Vancouver on Monday, May 15 from 1 - 2 p.m.

Criteria are the standard ones when evaluating websites: credible,
timely and relevant information; clear and adequate disclosure and
caution statements/disclaimers on the site, and user-friendly. The sites
also must provide free access and not require password authentication.

We hope to receive a far-ranging list of sites, including multicultural
and easy-to-read recommendations.

The survey link is at: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.asp?u=78151988745

 New  deadline: Friday, April 2 8 , 2006

We've tried to make it easy to submit multiple suggestions and hope that
you will take a few minutes to submit those "gems."

We have extended our survey to include others who work with consumers of
health information and invite you and your colleagues to add your
favourites. This survey is being sent to the following lists: CANMEDLIB,
CHIPIG, OLA, THLA, HLABC, CASLIS, CPHA, CLICK4HP and to individual
Canadian members of CAPHIS. Please feel free to forward....and please
excuse receiving duplicate messages!

In addition to discussing the results of the survey at the Roundtable,
we plan to share the information with everyone by posting the Top Ten on
the CHIPIG website: www.chipig.ca <outbind://3/www.chipig.ca>

Shameless plug for CHIPIG: Check out the CHIPIG website and, if you
provide consumer health information, consider becoming a member - there
are no membership dues. (Note: many hospitals/health centres and four
Ontario public libraries are members).

Thanks in advance for your time, and we hope to see many of you at
CHLA/ABSC!

- Top Ten Canadian Consumer Health Website Committee

Susan Murray

Michelle Arbuckle

Kimberley Meighan

Elizabeth Puckering