From:
"Kalda, Robyn" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Sep 2007 11:12:55 -0400
Since it's back-to-school day and OHPE's feature last Friday was on
education for health promotion, I thought I'd forward it.  There's a
feature article and a list of relevant college and university programs
to accompany hte article.  Happy September!

Robyn Kalda

________________________________

Sent: Friday, August 31, 2007 12:20 PM

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ *

OHPE Bulletin 530 August 31, 2007
Announcements, Events, Job Postings and Feature Article with Related
Resources

A Introduction

As it's back-to-school season, this week's feature article by Alison
Stirling updates our 2004 article on education for health promotion. If
we missed a program, please write [log in to unmask] and let us know!

Send us your news or comments at any time. We welcome your feedback on
our feature articles, news about old colleagues and new colleagues, and
comments on our newsletter and searchable database of health promotion
information. Read our complete submission guidelines at
http://www.ohpe.ca <http://www.ohpe.ca/>  and write to [log in to unmask]

B Announcements

1 Course: Geriatric Mental Health, McMaster University
http://www.ohpe.ca/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=8886&Itemid
=62

2 Report - Improving the Health of Canadians: Mental Health and
Homelessness
http://www.ohpe.ca/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=8898&Itemid
=62

3 Early Registration - OPHA Annual Conference
http://www.ohpe.ca/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=8889&Itemid
=62

4 September Health Events
http://www.ohpe.ca/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=8900&Itemid
=62

5 CAMH Online Courses
http://www.ohpe.ca/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=8892&Itemid
=62

6 CPHA Pre-Conference Workshop - Only 25 spots left!
http://www.ohpe.ca/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=8893&Itemid
=62

C Events

1 The Wellesley Institute Upcoming Workshops, Training and Seminars
Toronto, Ontario
Various dates from September 13 to November 23, 2007
http://www.ohpe.ca/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=8887&Itemid
=63

2 Workshop: Facilitation Basics for Self-Helpers
Ottawa, Ontario
September 17, 2007
http://www.ohpe.ca/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=8899&Itemid
=63
<http://www.ohpe.ca/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=8899&Itemi
d=63%20>

3 Bevel Up: Drugs, Users & Outreach Nursing
Kitchener and Cambridge, Ontario
September 19 and 20, 2007
http://www.ohpe.ca/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=8890&Itemid
=63
<http://www.ohpe.ca/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=8890&Itemi
d=63%20>

D Job Postings

1 Director - Pathways to Education Program, Rexdale Community Health
Centre
Toronto, Ontario
Deadline: September 7, 2007
http://www.ohpe.ca/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=8897&Itemid
=59

2 Knowledge Exchange Officer, Cancer Care Ontario
Toronto, Ontario
Deadline: September 28, 2007
http://www.ohpe.ca/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=8888&Itemid
=59

3 Coordinator, Black Health Alliance
Toronto, Ontario
Deadline: September 5, 2007
http://www.ohpe.ca/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=8895&Itemid
=59

4 Program Coordinator, Ethnic Engagements & Events, Heart and Stroke
Foundation of Ontario
Toronto, Ontario
Deadline: September 14, 2007
http://www.ohpe.ca/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=8896&Itemid
=59

E Feature Article

Learning Health Promotion: Many Journeys, Many Paths (2007 update)
http://www.ohpe.ca/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=8894&Itemid
=78
<http://www.ohpe.ca/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=8894&Itemi
d=78%20>

Contents:

I Introduction
II What is Needed?
III Where Do We Learn?
IV Learning Opportunities
V Continuing Education
VI Distance Learning
VII Conclusion
VIII References

F Related Resources

College and University Programs in Health Promotion & Public Health
http://www.ohpe.ca/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=8891&Itemid
=64

Contents:

A Community Colleges
B Ontario Undergraduate Health Promotion Programs
C Ontario Graduate Health Promotion Programs (Doctorates, Masters,
Diplomas, and Certificates)
D Out-of-Province Undergraduate and Graduate University Health Promotion
Programs
E Distance Education

* ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ *

Please distribute copies of this bulletin. Past bulletins can be viewed
and searched on our website.

Your CONTRIBUTIONS are welcome! Review our submission guidelines and
write to [log in to unmask]

Manage your subscription at online or email [log in to unmask]

The Ontario Health Promotion Email Bulletin is produced by the Ontario
Prevention Clearinghouse and The Health Communication Unit. Content of
the OHPE Bulletin is provided as an information-sharing service and
inclusion does not represent endorsement by production partners the
Ontario Prevention Clearinghouse and The Health Communication Unit or
their funder.

~~Informing Ontario health promoters since 1997~~

Ontario Health Promotion E-Mail Bulletin [log in to unmask] or [log in to unmask]
or http://www.ohpe.ca <http://www.ohpe.ca/>