From:
"Kalda, Robyn" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Sep 2011 10:39:18 -0400

The Healthy Communities Consortium Presents...

Linking for Healthy Communities: Building Healthy Communities from
Within

A two day event for
Community organizations, networks and partnerships working to create
healthier communities, local and regional groups, municipal and
provincial staff and public health professionals.

Featuring John Ott as lead facilitator
John is the co-author of the POWER of COLLECTIVE WISDOM and the trap of
collective folly and has successfully designed and led collective change
efforts for almost 30 years.  In the US, these efforts have helped
launch major statewide initiatives, resolved major budget shortfalls,
and fostered organizational cultures of learning and creativity.
Recently, John has partnered with county mental health systems in
California to help them master the practical skills of partnering with
communities to promote the well-being and resiliency of their members.
In Canada, he has facilitated several gatherings exploring the practical
implications of collective wisdom for the challenges confronting public
sector and community organizations. He has provided consultations to
United Way Toronto and United Way of the Alberta Capital Region on their
community change initiatives, and is currently consulting with Alberta
Employment and Immigration on their Youth Workforce Strategy.

Break Out Sessions will
Provide examples of local and regional programs and projects that have
created the conditions for building healthy communities.  We'll hear
from municipal decision-makers about engaging them in policy work and
learn how to assess community readiness for policy development.  We'll
discover meaningful ways to engage youth, Francophones and marginalized
communities and we'll learn how build on community assets and evaluate
your programs using a number of tools.  We'll have time to reflect and
to share our learning with each other as we all learn new approaches to
building healthy communities from within.

This event will be an opportunity to:
*	Explore the principles behind successful, community-led change;
*	Learn more about engaging people, organizations and
decision-makers;
*	Challenge how we think about the work we do;
*	Develop skills to uncover the abundance of assets in our
communities, even during these times of declining public resources;
*	Build on the experiences and wisdom of each other.

November 1st & 2nd, 2011
BMO Institute for Learning <http://ifl.bmo.com/cp_english/about.htm>
3550 Pharmacy Ave. Toronto

Registration Costs:   $255 for the full two days (includes materials and
meals)
Accommodations:     $210 per night (includes taxes, meals and hot
breakfast)

Registration opens September 30, 2011

More details to follow shortly!

Stay tuned for news on our new look and name...