From:
"Stirling, Alison" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Feb 1998 09:26:58 -0500
Greetings,

Yesterday I sent a note to this list referring to the web-site for the
World Health Organization's Health Promotion Glossary, and then copied
the e-mail address and fax address that had appeared on the
Health-Promotion list-serv.  This morning I have just received a
desperate plea from WHO asking that readers NOT use the e-mail and fax
venues for requesting the HP Glossary! They are besieged and cannot keep
up!

Please, if at all possible, access the Adobe Acrobat version of the HP
glossary, as noted in the following message from Angela at WHO:

>It seems that the "HEP Health Promotion glossary" is going to be The
     bestseller of the week and hit all the records!!!
     In the last two days we have received hundreds of requests for this

     valuable document. The strength of Internet!!!

     As you know, in order to allow for a wider dissemination of this
     document, the HP Glossary is available on our website,
     Therefore, I would appreciate if in the CLICK4HP list you could add
     note saying that
     "HP Glossary can be freely downloaded from HEP website at
     http://www.who.ch/hep.
     Should you have any problem in downloading the document, please
     contact WHO/HPR/HEP".

     Please, cancel any information saying that copies of HP glossary
can
     be requested via e-mail or via fax directly from WHO/HPR/HEP

     Thank you for your cooperation.

     Angela/HEP

For people in Ontario who are unable to access the Internet or to
download the Adobe Acrobat reader - please contact me directly at
Ontario Prevention Clearinghouse, and I will try to arrange to have
copies made available in other formats. Do NOT reply to this message
(which would post to the entire list!) - instead contact me at:
Perhaps the Canadian Consortium for Health Promotion Research could take
on the important task of distributing copies of the Health Promotion
Glossary.

Alison

Alison Stirling,co-facilitator CLICK4HP
Ontario Prevention Clearinghouse