Sender:
From:
Harold Bush <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Nov 2012 15:32:20 -0600
speaking of the Lincoln Of Our Lit.:

I was seriously blown away by the look and feel, and portrayal of Lincoln
by Daniel Day Lewis.  it was just short of uncanny.  I am not sure if an
American icon has ever been portrayed as effectively/ acted out so
convincingly -- simply, just "looked" like the person, or at least how I'd
imagine him.  WOW.  just give him the Oscar right now, it was awesome...

I'd be interested if anyone had the same feelings.  I think the bar has
been set so high with this performance, I cannot see even trying to get
someone to act Mark Twain in a film of such magnitude.  Thoughts??

-hb

--
Harold K. Bush, Ph.D
Professor of English