From:
Laura Cerruti <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Oct 2010 09:42:17 -0700
The Mark Twain Project benefits from every copy sold, at Amazon or
elsewhere--'tho I always encourage you to patronize your local independent
bookstore if you have one!

I want to express my gratitude for the work that Harriet Elinor Smith and
the other editors at the Mark Twain Project have done. It's really something
extraordinary. Many of you have experienced first-hand the generosity of the
editors. When you visit or contact the Mark Twain Papers, they provide you
with a very high level of access to the materials in the archive. With this
book, the editors are able to extend that level of access to all readers
around the world. I first heard about the project eight years ago, which
tells you just how long it's been in the works. This is truly a "life work"
in every sense.

It's been a pleasure and honor for those of us at the University of
California Press to publish the *Autobiography*.

-Laura Cerruti, University of California Press

--
Laura Cerruti | Director of Digital Content Development
University of California Press | 2120 Berkeley Way | 94704-1012