From:
Taylor Roberts <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Oct 2017 22:17:22 -0400
Tonight I read John Bird's version of Prince Oleomargarine to my
10-year-old son Tomas in a single go before bed. I tried to stop at
the natural half-way mark and resume tomorrow, but my son wanted to
hear the whole story.

Tomas likes John Bird's version better. While he could not articulate
why (he was tired, should a 10-you be going to bed at 10pm on a school
night?!) he identified many of the differences between John's version
vs. the Stead version.

narrator, my son concluded, "Mark Twain is pretty smart. He knows what
we're doing."

And I hoe you have a good night too! :)

Taylor