From:
Robert STEWART <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Robert STEWART <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Oct 2017 17:44:02 +0000
The Overland Stage moved north to the route the Clemens brothers would take by January 1859, so it had been along that line for several years. Oats, the gasoline for horses, was being grown in Ruby Valley, Utah Territory. When Chorpenning, the original operator, got the mail contract he had to run 24 hours. The stations through the life of the overland stage (lower case) were notoriously spare, both in food and accommodations.