From:
Hal Bush <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Feb 2019 14:05:49 +0000
Terry; thanks for those additional thoughts.  Especially:  how the two characters in Green Book "save" each other.  I was reminded of the way, in Huck Finn, the same might be said -- except in that case, it seems Huck is the one really "saved" by Jim.

Speaking of saving:  Terry's remarks also invoked for me  everybody's favorite, Pretty Woman, which ends with the young woman being "rescued" from her tower (a lousy apartment building off Hollywood Blvd.) by the "prince," at which time she tells him that she will "save" him right back.  I apologize in advance for putting all these tales together, but that is how the mind works sometimes.

Dr. Hal Bush

Dept. of English

Saint Louis University

314-977-3616