From:
MARK DAWIDZIAK <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
MARK DAWIDZIAK <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Sep 2017 03:41:55 +0000
This is the list of the four recordings of Hal Holbrook's "Mark Twain Tonight!"1.) "Hal Holbrook in Mark Twain Tonight!" Columbia Records OS 2019 vinyl LP, 19592.) "More of Hal Holbrook in Mark Twain Tonight!" Columbia Records OS 2030 vinyl LP, 1960.3.) "Hal Holbrook: Mark Twain Twain Tonight" Columbia Records OS 3080 vinyl LP, 1967 (although this was billed as being selections from the CBS special and some of the material was the same, this album was recorded during a stage performance and did not use the CBS audio track).4.) "Mark Twain Tonight!" The 90-minute CBS special aired March 6, 1967 was released on VHS and DVD by Kultur Video.The 1959 and 1960 LPs were released as a two-cassette package "Hal Holbrook performs Mark Twain Tonight!" by Newman Communications Books On Cassette.For those of you keeping score at home, the three LPs represent 2 hours and 10 minutes of Hal's Mark Twain material. There is some overlap of material with the 1967 CBS special, but we're looking at a total of 3 hours and 40 minutes of recorded performance.And Hal's first book -- "Mark Twain Tonight!" -- in addition to being an account of how the show developed, is a record of the material he used from 1954 to 1959.