From:
Robert M Ellsworth <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Oct 2017 13:39:59 -0500
Ben, you might check in with them to see if they would support better scanning or rendering of material that I believe would have come from your collection.  I was presuming they had put up the manuscript pages with your library’s approval - if so, I wonder why what they provided is not legible.  (I have only looked at a couple of the first pages and compared them to the typescript version)

Perhaps the HDR ‘equivalent’ of book-scanning might be used to enhance the characters and edges on the manuscript pages, and the result provided as a ‘second’ view of the handwritten material.

RME