From:
Dennis Raphael <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 2 Nov 2003 19:13:27 -0500
http://depts.washington.edu/eqhlth/pages/about.html

A great resource for all  --especially for Americans and those on the west
coast of North America.
The website has great links that address a variety of determinants of
population health.
-------------------------------------
Mission and Goals

The Population Health Forum's mission is to raise awareness and initiate
dialogue about the ways in which political, economic, and social
inequalities interact to affect the overall health status of our society.
Our goals are to promote knowledge and advocate for action in service of a
healthier society.

History

Originally launched at the University of Washington, the Population Health
Forum is an organization of health activists that hosts forums, sponsors
discussions and workshops, develops curriculum, teaches courses, and
provides speakers to educate and encourage community involvement in
population health.

Who We Are

A group of students, faculty, and staff at the School of Public Health and
Community Medicine at the University of Washington in Seattle, Washington,
USA, formed the Population Health Forum in 1997. We were concerned about
the poor health status of people in the USA, compared to other rich
countries, and the lack of Americans' concern about this. The Forum
membership has grown to include other Americans as well as people in other
countries who want to draw attention to what makes a population healthy.

Contact Us

Population Health Forum
University of Washington
Box 357660
Seattle, WA 98195-7660

Stephen Bezruchka
Department of Health Services
School of Public Health and Community Medicine
University of Washington
206-616-2901, fax 206-685-4184
http://depts.washington.edu/hserv/courses/HSERV_534/