From:
"Stirling, Alison" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Jan 2008 13:01:58 -0500
I'm sending this message out on behalf of the Friends of CHN (the
Canadian Health Network). Please share it with your colleagues and post
this message on all your newsletters and listservs. A French version
will be coming out soon.
~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ *

Canada's leading web-based bilingual source for non-commercial health
information is slated for closure on March 31, 2008, even though the
Federal Government has a surplus.

Friends of CHN (www.friendsofchn.ca ) is an ad hoc group whose objective
is to focus attention on the closure and its impact, and to try to turn
this decision around. We have created a petition addressed to Prime
Minister, Stephen Harper and Minister of Health, Tony Clement with the
following message:

"We the undersigned support the Canadian Health Network. We demand that
the funding cut required of the Public Health Agency of Canada be
rescinded, that full, stable funding for the Canadian Health Network be
restored immediately, and that this valuable Canadian health information
resource continue to be developed to become the best of its kind in the
world."

Please act today to preserve the Canadian Health Network. Sign this
petition at  www.thepetitionsite.com/1/saveCHN  and add your voice to
the many that are defending non-commercial, publicly funded health
information for all Canadians.

Time is running out! We will be sending this petition to the federal
government on February 14, 2008, asking them to "have a heart" and save
the CHN.

It would be great to hit that 5,000 signature target before we do. Sign
now and tell your friends and colleagues about this action.

While you're signing things, send a letter (or make use of a sample
letter provided on the petition site) to your MP, the Minister of
Health, and the Prime Minister; for addresses and sample letters see
www.friendsofchn.ca/write.htm

Thank you,
Friends of CHN

Alison
Alison Stirling,
Knowledge Management Developer,
The Ontario Prevention Clearinghouse,
180 Dundas Street W., Suite 1900
Toronto, ON M5G 1Z8
Direct: 416-408-6918 or 416-408-2249 x 2227
Toll-free (in Ontario)  1-800-397-9567 x2227
Email: [log in to unmask]
www.opc.on.ca