From:
"C. McLean" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Jan 2009 07:09:21 -0500

Canadian Creative Arts in Health, Training and Education Journal accessible now at website

The  complete January 2009 issue of CCAHTE Journal  with full articles is ready
NOW for you to access at the new CCAHTE website at:

http://www.cmclean.com

This CCAHTE  issue, "The Creative Response" features new
 arts informed research;
  a.. Arts informed methods in staff training/dementia care/concept of home
  b.. Embodied approaches, Authentic Movement
  c.. Autoethnographic Writing and Story in Grief and Loss

Home is Where the Heart Is:  A Reader's Theatre
Maura McIntyre Ed.D.
Researcher and Adjunct Professor
Ontario Institute for Studies in Education (OISE)
University of Toronto

Arts informed methods in staff training/dementia care

 "In exploring how individual staff members make home in the institution, I deconstruct
"homemaking" and reinvent the meaning and significance of homemaking as care.
I invite the reader to experience "home" and "care" as psychological constructs
 through storied text and in-role performance." (read full article)

Sculptural Installations on the Theme of Obliteration:  A Response to Themes
Embodied in the MoverWitness Exchange
Eila Goldhahn Ph.D. (Dartington College of Arts and University of Plymouth, Devon, UK)

Embodied approaches, raising awareness, themes of death and loss, authentic movement

 "..the installation process required considerable strength and skill of my moving body.  I
physically moved and laboured whilst setting out and installing these works.  The
actions of carrying the empty crates on my back, of stemming my own weight against
 the weight of the wood, of straightening and balancing them...The image of doorways
 became a metaphor for the questions that I posed with the work..in moving and
witnessing I experienced questions, intuitions and clear knowledge in vivid images
 and these always occurred in relationship to the rhythms of my dancing and witnessing body."
(read full article)

 My Mother's Body:  A Story of Grieving, Remembering and Touch
John J. Guiney Yallop, Ph.D.
School of Education, Acadia University

Autoethnographic writing, story, grief

"My mother's body gave me life, remembered my past, and could foretell my future.
Both Newfoundland and my mother's body help me, both nourished me (and continue to
nourish me) and yet both were and still are mysteries to me. But both also invite me to
know them, to try to understand what they can tell me about myself and more
importantly about how  to relate that self to others."  (read full article)

CCAHTE News and Announcements:

  a.. New Call for Papers for CCAHTE Issue #8
Submission  information and guidelines here
and our CCAHTE  blog Crossing Borders
 http://www.ccahtecrossingborders.blogspot.com
with an email to [log in to unmask] "please subscribe".
Subscribers can also access our CCAHTE Journal
archive and past issues.

Very sincerely,

Cheryl McLean, Publisher, Canadian Creative Arts in Health, Training and Education Journal (CCAHTE)

CCAHTE Journal website: http://www.cmclean.com
CCAHTE Arts and Health  "Crossing Borders" BLOG http://www.ccahtecrossingborders.blogspot.com
CCAHTE email:  [log in to unmask]

The international and interdisciplinary, peer reviewed, open access journal of the creative arts in
health, training and education.

subscribe:   please send an email to [log in to unmask] "please subscribe"
unsubscribe:   please send an email to [log in to unmask] "please unsubscribe"