From:
Anna Thompson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Feb 2009 09:43:07 +0000
Hello,

I work for the Health and Development Information Team at IDS. But I am also a Masters student at Brighton University studying International Health Promotion. And I am carrying out a literature review on the role of folk media in health knowledge transfer in low-income countries.

I was wondering if anyone was aware of published/unpublished research, or initiatives in this area. I'm interested in all forms of folk media in health, such as theatre, drumming, songs, story-telling etc.

So far, I have encountered very little current material, and a lot of what has been covered (largely in the mid 80s) is very difficult to access online.

Any suggestions would be greatly welcomed.

Kind regards,
Anna

Anna Thompson
Programme Assistant
id21 & Health Development and Information Teams
Tel: +44 (0)1273 915 791
Email: [log in to unmask]

"id21 is funded by DFID<http://www.dfid.gov.uk/> through the Mobilising Knowledge for Development Programme."
* please don't print this e-mail unless you really need  to

This message is for the addressee only and may contain privileged or confidential information.  If you have received it in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the original. Any views or opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of IDS.

Institute of Development Studies
at the University of Sussex, Brighton BN1 9RE
Tel: +44 (0)1273 606261; Fax: +44 (0)1273 621202
IDS, a charitable company limited by guarantee:
Registered Charity No. 306371; Registered in England 877338;  VAT No. GB 350 899914