From:
Madeline Boscoe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Feb 2009 06:43:11 -0600
Hi Anna:
Intriguing question! I am no expert here, from an academic
perspective but many many examples come to mind --- though I guess it
depends on your definition of health and health promotion -- "folk"
has always told the story of and  given voice to issues of inequity,
social ill, injustice, poverty, poor working conditions (think union
songs), women's rights, anti violence and the impacts of gangs, war,
violence against women, rape., drumming circles,  Popular education
theatre  (as both organizing and as a social marketing tool )eg "Side
Effects - a play about women and pharmaceuticals" , use of comic
books (sexual and reproductive health like COUP), radio plays all
come to mind..
hope this helps
Madeline