SDOH Archives

Social Determinants of Health

SDOH@YORKU.CA

From:
Tarani Chandola <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Sep 2018 04:27:31 -0400
Dear colleagues,

I completely agree with Jennie’s sentiments. My worry is that this
figure will start being referenced and the figures allocated to
“different social determinants of health” will become reified. Can we
ask Wikipedia to edit (delete) this figure on the basis that the
methodology underpinning is dodgy?
Apparently it is derived from referenced sources (including an NEJM
paper from 2007! I am not sure NEJM is the best source of SDH evidence,
let alone a paper from 2007) and face to face interviews with public
policy analysts, health IT experts, and clinical professionals (what
about the social scientists?)
https://www.goinvo.com/features/determinants-of-health/#methodology

All the best,
Tarani