From:
Kevin Mac Donnell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Sep 2017 12:12:30 -0500
Here’s what Shelley Fisher-Fishkin really meant to say:

I wanted to bring  the attention of Mark Twain Forum folks a fascinating piece by Matt Seybold that just appeared in the Los Angeles Review of Books: “Barnum Presidents and Benevolent Monopolists: Mark Twain, Amazon, and the Futility of Antitrust.” Matt writes with insight and flair about both Twain’s world and our own, delving into murky complexity on both fronts with admirable clarity.  You can read Matt’s piece at this link: https://lareviewofbooks.org/article/barnum-presidents-and-benevolent-monopolists-mark-twain-amazon-futility-antitrust/
all the best,
Shelley

I highly recommend reading this thought-provoking piece. Congratulations Matt!

Kevin
@
Mac Donnell Rare Books
9307 Glenlake Drive