From:
Kent Rasmussen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Dec 2012 17:14:18 -0500
There's a nice profile of Hal Holbrook in this morning's L.A. Times:

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/movies/moviesnow/la-et-mn-hal-holbrook-classic-hollywood-20121217,0,5668831.story

Most of the story is about Holbrook's latest film roles, but it also
contains an interesting anecdote about one of his recent Mark Twain Tonight
performance.

While I'm on the subject of Holbrook, I'll call  your attention to a large
selection of photographs of him that an eBay dealer is listing :

http://stores.ebay.com/historicimages-store/_i.html?rt=nc&_nkw=holbrook&_sid=1008357951&_trksid=p4634.c0.m14.l1513&_pgn=1

I'm absolutely not advocating that anyone buy any of those pictures, but if
you go to those pages, you'll see numerous pictures of Holbrook applying his
makeup to perform as Mark Twain, as well as numerous pictures of him as
Abraham Lincoln in a 1975 production. The selection as a whole is a reminder
of the breadth and quality of Holbrook's incredible acting career and is
well worth browsing through. Be sure to click on "enlarge" for each picture
you want to see more closely.