From:
Alison Stirling <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Feb 2005 16:18:55 -0500
Greetings,

It's been a long two months since I last posted to CLICK4HP, even though
I'm one of the list facilitators.  My apologies for the extended silence.
I've been caught up in intensive times, with a return to graduate school
in information studies, and coping with deaths in my family.

But today, there is much to celebrate, and many good reasons to revitalize
discussions on CLICK4HP. The 400th issue of the weekly health promotion
email bulletin - OHPE - is about to be sent out to 4000 subscribers across
Ontario and around the world, and posted to the OHPE website at
http://www.ohpe.ca.

The Ontario Health Promotion Email Bulletin was first sent out in early
May 1997 to about 120 people who were Ontario based CLICK4HP subscribers.
It has offered a digest of news, resources, job postings and articles
related to health promotion practice. Quickly it grew in subscriber size
and contributions to include a website, an online searchable database
archive of all resources and articles in the bulletin, and a source of
news about the changing nature of the field.

Guided by a comprehensive health promotion subject 'framework' or 'matrix'
developed by Larry Hershfield (see http://ohpe.ca/ebulletin/matrix.cfm),
the features and resources of the OHPE Bulletin aim to touch upon the
determinants of health, strategies, action areas, settings, populations,
issues and foundations of health promotion.

The OHPE Bulletin is an invaluable resource, a 'store of health promotion
memory' and a news source on our field. I'm delighted and honoured to have
been involved with it since its humble beginnings.

Please do check out today's special issue at http://ohpe.ca/ebulletin.

Comments, ideas, contributions, suggestions for the future are all welcome
- for CLICK4HP and for the OHPE Bulletin.

Alison Stirling
co-facilitator, CLICK4HP
editorial team member, OHPE Bulletin [on leave]