From:
Susan Himel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Jun 2008 11:04:59 -0400

You may want to contact the International Health Promoting Hospitals and Health Services (HPH) secretariat as well, as they may be aware of examples from other countries (I'm thinking of their work in Denmark for sure) that they can share with you:  http://clinicalhealthpromotion.dk/
http://www.who-cc.dk/

Many of the International HPH conferences have had posters and/or concurrent sessions ('gray literature') that would have examples related to your request and you can find all of these online at:
http://www.hph-hc.cc/index.php
http://www.hph-hc.cc/conferences.php

Another program launched recently by the Montreal HPH Network here in Canada are their new Health Resource Centres located throughout the community, accessed by the general public with or without a referral from their primary care providers . I believe that they will have an evaluation component, but since these just opened in various community locations, I am pretty certain that there are no evaluations available yet.
Dr. Robert Perreault is the contact doing this work in Montreal but I do not have his email address (the presentations from the recent Berlin conference will be online soon if they are not available yet)
http://www.univie.ac.at/hph/berlin2008/php/ParallelSession4.pdf

I would also be interested in receiving a summary/synthesis of the feedback/information that you receive, if you are planning to prepare one.

I hope that is helpful.
Regards, Susan Himel
Coordinator, Toronto Central HPH Network

Susan Himel, BA (Hon), MES
Strategy Lead, LiveWell!
Bridgepoint Health
14 St. Matthews Road
Toronto, Ontario
M4M 2B5
Tel:   416-461-8252 ext. 2847
Cell:  416-319-2487

"When we make others know they're welcome and that they belong, then we know we all belong."Jean Vanier

Our mission is to change the world for people living with complex chronic disease and disability

Life. Changes. To find out more, go to www.LifeChanges.ca ( http://www.lifechanges.ca/ )

This message is intended only for the use of the intended recipients, and it may be privileged and confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, retransmission, conversion to hard copy, copying, circulation or other use of this message is strictly prohibited and may be illegal. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify me immediately by return e-mail, and delete this message from your system.

>>> On 6/12/2008 at 7:45 AM, Shelina Visram <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
***Apologies for cross posting***<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Dear colleagues,

Researchers at Northumbria University are undertaking an evidence synthesis funded by the Department of Health to explore the effectiveness and cost-effectiveness of different types of health-related lifestyle adviser or trainer. As the formal evidence base (i.e. published literature) on this subject is relatively small, we are attempting to access as much 'grey' literature as possible using various search strategies, including directly contacting experts and those working in the field.

We are interested in evaluations of services and interventions that involve the delivery of health-related lifestyle advice or training to local people, generally by those without a professional background. A key example is the NHS Health Trainers initiative, although many others exist. If you are aware of any unpublished literature on this subject, or know of anyone else who might be able to provide this information, then please contact Shelina Visram on +44 (0) 191 215 66682 or email  <mailto:[log in to unmask]> [log in to unmask] If you have any questions about the evidence synthesis then please contact me on the details below.

Best wishes,

Dr Susan Carr

Reader in Public Health

CHESs Research Centre,

Northumbria University,

ENGLAND.

Tel: +44 (0) 191 215 6217

Email:  <mailto:[log in to unmask]> [log in to unmask]

Shelina Visram
Postgraduate Research Associate
Community, Health and Education Studies (CHESs) Research Centre
H010 Coach Lane Campus East
Northumbria University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Tel. (0191) 215 6682