Sender:
Date:
Tue, 20 Jun 2000 18:24:31 +1100
7bit
From:
Keith Walker <[log in to unmask]>
The Australian's articles are well worth looking at.

Very much agree with you Alan in all of this which you have written (under).

Can I also perhaps recommend to readers a book by Michael Pusy ( 1993?) entitled
"Economic Rationalism in Canberra". In his study of a large number of Australian
bureaucrats, Pusy found a number of very interesting commonalities amongst those
mostly young males who have taken over in recent years  in senior executive
leadership. Principal amongst these findings were that a) most of our leaders
had not had any personal experience of poverty, b) they were grounded in
economics, c) they had very little training in history..

kate walker
(newcastle, australia)