Sender:
From:
Elaine Radway <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Jun 2003 11:36:18 -0400
Hello!

North Kingston Community Health Centre (NKCHC) is a charitable organization
providing quality health care services and programs to community members
living in the north Kingston area.  NKCHC also works closely with community
members and various organizations to build on the positive aspects of the
community, and to address issues impacting the lifestyles and health of
individuals and the community as a whole.

NKCHC made a commitment, in 2001, to bring staff from different disciplines
together to take a fresh look at how we provide services to community
members living in north Kingston.  Four interdisciplinary teams (staff
teams), which include both clinical and community staff, were formed:
- Maternal and Child Team (from pregnancy up to child’s 6th birthday)
- School age Children and Youth Team (ages 6 to 18 years)
- Adults Team (ages 19 to 54 years)
- Seniors and Older Adults Team (ages 55 and over).

Each staff team is working on setting up a Community Advisory Group.
Members of the Community Advisory Group would make suggestions to the
appropriate staff team about the program and services needed for the target
population.  Details about membership and responsibilities are being
developed.

In general, we are interested in gathering information from other
organizations about their experiences with advisory groups.
In particular, we are interested in hearing from organizations which have
set-up up an advisory group that brought parents of school age
children/youth and/or school age children or youth together to make
suggestions about the type of programs and services needed in their
community.   Any information on the following would be helpful:
- process used in meetings,
- issues generally discussed, and
- what worked and didn’t work?

You can send your experiences and ideas to
Phillida Hargreaves             email   – [log in to unmask]
                                phone – 613-542-5486
or
Elaine Radway           email – [log in to unmask]      (after July 7)
                                fax -      613-542-5486.
Also, we both can be reached at 613-542-2949.

Thanks in advance for sharing your experiences.